|Home › Articles › Travel Light – Packing Trips for Vacations
Travel Light – Packing Trips for Vacations
Learning the art of packing is very essential, because only when you have the necessary items in hand can your relax and focus on enjoying your trip to the maximum. Here are four basic points that you need to remember…
While travelling, you may often tend to cramp up your suitcases with almost every belonging from your closet, or plainly lose interest and just pack some bare essentials that you’ll need for your trip. Here are a few helpful pointers which will help you strike an impeccable balance and carry exactly what you need for a fun-filled trip!
Packing Mantra #1 - Use Every Inch of Space
- When you’re packing your suitcase, ensure that you leave no gaps which allow items to shift from one side to the other. Place the heaviest items at the bottom and the lightest on top.
- Separate your shoes and pack them in the gaps along the sides. It can be a good idea to place the most used items on top and dirty clothes right at the bottom.
- Carrying tooth powder, solid shampoo bars or sachets will completely erase the possibility of liquid explosions within your suitcases.
Packing Mantra #2 - Folding Vs. Rolling
- In order to save space, you can roll up clothes like jeans as this can be extremely helpful and can reduce the probability of your clothes getting wrinkled. When it comes to shirts and sweaters, folding is a neater option.
- Folding your finer clothes and placing them in light-weight nylon bags is another vital space-saving technique. Moreover, try to carry clothes that do not require much ironing.
Packing Mantra #3 - The Essential Kit
- Always carry a small bag to store your passport, identity proof, passport sized photographs, travelers’ checks, medications, important papers and bank cards. With all the essentials kept in one place, you won’t have to rummage around various suitcases in search of any of the above items.
Packing Mantra #4 - Splitting Your Belongings
- It is important to remember to split up your valuables (money and jewelry) in different compartments and bags in case you get robbed or lose one of your bags.
- The same applies to clothes, as sometimes luggage may fail to arrive at the destination at the scheduled time, especially when there are multiple stops.
- Implementing these tips will help you organize your belongings. You need not rummage through all your bags in search of a particular item or panic over a lost bag!
Implementing these tips will help you organize your belongings. You need not rummage through all your bags in search of a particular item or panic over a lost bag. Packing for biking and trekking trips can be very different from regular packing, so once you learn the bare basic involved, you can prepared and set for any plans that come your way.
No comments so far. Be the first to comment!