Senior Citizen Holiday Tips
The retirement age is one of the best times for enjoying a relaxed and carefree holiday. Read this article to find various information and tips for the senior citizens who are planning to go for a holiday.
In recent time, many travel agencies have started providing specialized services for the senior travelers. Find out what all precautions your agency takes for your holiday trip. It's always good to discuss about your health conditions with your travel agent.
- Have a clear picture in your mind regarding the kind of
holiday that best appeals to you.
- In case of any ailments, avoid long duration of travel and strenuous
activity like hill climbing or trekking.
- Go for a relaxing holiday. In case you are an adventure buff, then discuss your
requirement with your travel agent for the most apt adventure holiday in North India or South India.
- You may prefer group travelling over individual travel, not just for safety, but company and conversation too.
- Carry all your medicines and prescriptions while travelling.
- If possible, keep your doctors informed about your travel
plans. They might give you valuable suggestions.
- Keep the contact details of your doctor
handy, in case of emergencies.
- Though insurance is applicable for all travellers, it is mandatory for senior citizens.
- Choosing the best mode of travel is very important for any traveler. Long journeys on buses and taxis should be avoided, as they can
- For sightseeing within the city, rent a bigger, comfortable vehicle
the Right Hotel
- Insist that the hotel
authorities give room on the ground floor.
- Find out in advance if your hotel has lift, emergency services and doctor-on-call facility.
- Request for a room closer to the lift, however, the same is dependent on availability.
- Don't overload: pack only the things that you will need on your trip. Keep it light.
- Carry your daily used items in a
separate bag to avoid unnecessary hassle of opening and reopening the bags.
- Choose a baggage with wheels, as it is easier to handle.
- When travelling to a cold place like a trip to Jammu and Kashmir, you might want to keep extra sweaters and blankets.
- Get yourself thoroughly checked up before
venturing on your holiday.
- Make sure you have enough relaxing time in your itinerary - do not make it hectic.
- Keep your day free and easy and allow yourself several
options, depending on the mood as well as energy levels.
- Always carry a first-aid kit while
These tips should ensure you enjoy a pleasant and hassle free vacation in Goa or any part of the country. The retirement years are among the
best time to rekindle the travel bug hidden in you, so make full use of this
time to live and enjoy the sunset years of your life to the fullest.
No comments so far. Be the first to comment!