Goa, the most popular state is India is thronged by the tourists all year round. Blessed with the best of natural as well as man made attractions, Goa is the perfect place to holiday in India for people who like a bit of peace, frolic, fun and excitement, or all of them. 1. Beaches - Goa boasts of long stretches of palm fringed beaches offering great options for relaxing and shopping alike. The Arjuna beach along with its Wednesday flea market is the most popular of them all. Beaches hold a very important place in Goa tourism as the activities that can be enjoyed on them are endless. Flea markets on Anjuna beach, Arpora beach and Mapusa are wonderful shopping destination.
The adventure sports on the beaches too are a magnanimous attractions. Shore Bar on Anjuna, Tito’s on Baga Beach and Fiplees on Colva are some of the popular restaurants and bars which tourists should not miss visiting. There are many pubs and discos also located on the beaches. Tourists should not miss visiting the South Goa beaches which are very less crowded and offer great options for enjoying sunbathing.
2. Adventure -The beaches of Goa serve as the perfect host to some of the most unique water sports that tourists cannot enjoy anywhere else in the country. Some of the popular adventure sports includes Parasailing on Sinquerim-Candolim-Calangute Stretch, Jet Skiing on Colva, Candolim, Calangute, Water skiing on Mobor, Calangute and Rajbagh, Wind Surfing on Dona Paula, Palolem, Baga and Scuba diving at Grande islands, St. George island, Devagh island and Pigeon island.
The operators for these water sports can be found on the respective beaches itself. However, there are certain norms like the age limit and license that are required for certain sports, that needs to be followed before indulging in these sports on your honeymoon tours in Goa. 3. Churches - Goa, the ancient colony of the Portugese is dotted with churches all over. The most famous churches in Goa are located in Old Goa. The most famous church of Goa is Basilica de Bom Jesu, located in Old Goa. Famous for its architectural patterns, this church is a ‘World Heritage Site’ as declared by UNESCO.
The Se Cathedral and Church of Our Lady of Rosary too are situated in Old Goa and popular for their architectural patterns and the design of the altars.
A very famous church, not to be missed, is Church of Saint Francis Assasi, which has the mortal remains of Saint Francis.
4. Casinos - Goa is the only state in India where Gambling can be enjoyed. There are two types of casinos in Goa - On Shore casino, that are located inside premium hotels and off shore hotels, which includes all those casinos that are located on yacht and ships and flow on the sea.
Some of the popular games that can be enjoyed in the casinos of Goa includes American roulette, slot machines, baccarat, derby games, 5 card and 3 card poker, dice machines and digital or classic blackjack. The most celebrated names in the list of on shore casinos are Las Vegas at Leela and Winners at the Goa Marriot hotle. Caravel and Casino Royale are the most sought after names in the list of off-shore casinos in Goa.
5. Nightlife - Goa is one of the most popular destination in India, famous for its nightlife. The beautiful state is replete with great night clubs, pubs and discotheques that lure the tourists to Goa. The famous nightclubs that tourists should definitely not miss are Tito’s and Cafe Mambo on Baga Beach, Paradisio on Anjuna beach, Club Cabana on Arpora Hills and Congo on Condolim beach.
As far as bars are concerned, the choice in Goa is unlimited. Shore Bar on Anjuna, RicoRic Bar in Hotel Mandovi and Toff Toff’s on Calangute are the few best options. Casinos and shacks are too great options to enjoy night life in Goa. Party cruises held on Mandovi river is also a unique way to enjoy a spectacular night on Goa tour packages from Pune. 6. Carnival - Goa is famous all over the world for the spectacular carnival hosted here. Held in the middle of February, the carnival is held before the month of Lent and goes on for three days. The festival takes place of Fat Tuesday (i.e. beginning on or after Epiphany and ending on the day before Ash Wednesday).
Vibrant dresses, huge parades and a lot of dance and singing mark the festivities of the Goan Carnival. This unique festival held in Goa is one of the most famous attractions that invites tourists from world over.
7. New Year Celebrations - Christmas and New Year are often tagged as the best time to visit Goa. Thanks to the great pubs and nightclubs that soar the frenzy very high during this time of the year. Be it Goa churches, discotheques, beach shacks or private venues, the New Year celebrations are celebrated everywhere with great pomp and show. The rave parties in Goa are equally popular during the New Years.
Besides, tourists are advised to book themselves in the Sun Burn festival, the biggest musical fest in Asia, held on the Condolim beach in Goa. An unique way to welcome the new year will be to book oneself in the Bondla wildlife sanctuary and enjoy a quiet bonfire only with your near and dear ones. Casinos too organises great parties during the New year to keep their guests entertained.
8. Flea Markets - Flea Markets of Goa are a unique facet that provide an excellent shopping opportunity to the tourists. These flea markets offers anything and everything, from sea food to ground masalas, from clothes to accessories and that too at a very low price. Bargaining in these markets is a must. The most famous among them is the Anjuna flea market, held on Wednesdays on the Anjuna beach.
The flea market at Anjuna on held from the months of September till March. Another favored flea market is Ingo’s Saturday Night Market in Arpora. Various stalls selling mouth watering Goan food are an added attractions here. Some other popular flea markets that tourists should not miss in Goa are Saturday Night Bazaar at Anjuna beach and t5he Friday bazaar at Mapusa.
9. Great Walks - Goa is famous for its leisure walks. The real Goa lives in the villages and walking is the best way to explore the real culture of Goa. The most popular walk in Goa is the Calangute walk beginning from the St Alex Church in Calangute. This walk takes around 30 minutes and takes you to some of the most exotic beaches, that still have remained unexplored.
The Saligo Walk, lasting 1 hour is another great way to be a part of the rich history that still resides in the village. Other popular walks in Goa includes Arpora Walk, Assagao walk, Walking in Aldona, Chandor walk, The Colva Coastal Walk, Walk in Utrado, and Divar Island walk.
10. Wildlife - Goa is a beautiful place blessed with a plethora of flora and fauna. The most famous wildlife resort in Goa is the Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary known for fostering various species of bisons, panthers, sloth bears and many other animals. Other popular wildlife hubs are Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary and Mollem National Park and Cotigao National Park.
The Dr Salim Bord sanctuary is the ultimate place to sight some of the great species of native as well as migratory birds. In all the wildlife parks of Goa tourists can enjoy Elephant safari as well.
Plan a visit to Goa, the most popular tourist place in the country and be a part of the rich and vibrant history that the state boats of. Bedecked with some of the most exotic beach attractions, exciting water sports, wildlife resorts, buzzing cities and unrelenting festivals, Goa brims with a surfeit of choice, making it one of the most ideal holiday destination in the world.