Accommodation Classes in Indian Trains : Article on Must See India : 1377 | Mustseeindia.com
Must See India - Best Travel Guide to India
Home   |   Login   |   Register   |   Contact Us

›   ›  Accommodation Classes in Indian Trains

Accommodation Classes in Indian Trains

by afiatajdar 3 year, 7 months ago

Indian railways has many class of travel that the traveller can choose from. While the 1st AC class is the most expensive bogey of the train, the fare of AC 2nd and AC 3rd is comparatively much affordable.

Indian Railways offer a large option to choose from as far as class of travel is concerned. While the AC classes include bedding in the fare itself, travellers in the sleeper class are advised to carry their own blankets and bed sheets.

AC First Class (1A)

The AC First Class is the most expensive class and is available only on trains running between important metro routes. The ticket fare of this class is at par with air fare and offer host of services. For example the Delhi- Bangalore The AC First class coach has 9 private compartment having 2 sleeping berths each, that have carpeted floors and great sleeping accommodation. The typical fare from Delhi to Mumbai in this class can range from Rs 3,000 to 3,500.

AC 2nd Class (2A)

This class has slightly less rates as compared to 1st class and contain two tiers in bays of six. They are known for providing ample leg space, individual reading lamps and curtains. They can carry 48 passengers and bedding is included in the fare which is between Rs 1,500 to 2,000 for a journey from Delhi to Mumbai.

AC 3rd Class (3A)

The prices of this class is pretty nominal as compared to previous two compartments and are slightly less appointed. The normal price for a travel from Delhi to Mumbai is around Rs 1,300 per person. The arrangement of the berths are similar to the 2nd AC with only difference that there are 3 berths across the width. These coaches have curtains, fare includes bedding and can carry 64 passengers on board.

AC Three Tier (Economy) (3E)

These are very economically prices berths and are available only in Garib Rath trains. In appearance they are very similar to 3rd AC but they don't have curtains and the fare does not includes the bedding. It can be purchased at a price of Rs 50 on the train itself. Their price are a bit on the lower side than other AC coaches and can go up to a maximum of Rs 700 for a trip from Delhi to Mumbai.

Sleeper Class (SL)

This is the least expensive and the most common coach in the trains. They have provision of 72 people and do not provide AC or any of the facilities provided in the AC classes. The berths in this coach is three in number and are vertically stacked. Sleeper class are recommended for long journey. Their ticket prices in this coach are very affordable and range around Rs 450 for a one way trip from Mumbai to Delhi.

Tags

Recent articles

Comments
pls send Msg about 1A . I would like to know
Posted by BABU 8 months ago
plz email,d me the alll class of train figure like : (1st aac, 2nd ac,third ac & sleeper ) is it possible plz emaild me
Posted by santosh baniya 10 months ago
are tourists, who are senior citizens, entitled to concessions on trains? pl do let me know.
Posted by nissim solomon 11 months ago
plse advice as neeed to travel rom chennai to tirunelvelli on the 16th April in ac first class how to book my ticket
Posted by divamanee ramen 1 year, 2 months ago
It is not clear if SUFFICIENT bedding would be provided in 3 AC if Journey is being made from Moradabad to Faizabad & return journey from Faizabad to Moradabad in 14206/14205 during January 15/20, 2013 when it is very cold weather in North
Posted by Suyash 1 year, 5 months ago
May i know how much for thirunallar from tambaram in 3rd class a/c?????? ...can...
may i know how much for thirunallar from tambaram in 3rd class a/c?????? ...Can you detail about this???sir/madam
Posted by J 1 year, 9 months ago
Gd morning i want to know how to go to tirupur by train as my flight will...
gd morning i want to know how to go to tirupur by train as my flight will arrive in Chennai on the 5th of Sept 2012 at 8:30 am and i want to reach tirupur on the same day. plz you can help me in this booking. i want to know the fare also for the first class thanks
Posted by rumjaun feroz 1 year, 11 months ago
Chennai to howrah a/c 3 tair
Chennai to howrah a/c 3 tair
Posted by Rahbaralie 1 year, 11 months ago
Chennai to howrah
Chennai to howrah
Posted by Rahbaralie 1 year, 11 months ago
Kindly let me know the fare of ac 2nd class for 2000 k.m. please acknowledge me.
Kindly let me know the fare of ac 2nd class for 2000 k.m. Please acknowledge me.
Posted by RANDHIR VIJAY HORO 1 year, 11 months ago
How can i get ticket for reach darjeeling
how can i get ticket for reach darjeeling
Posted by nuremanansari 2 year, 31 days ago
Kindly let me know the fare for ac 1st class train from bhubaneswar to mysore....
kindly let me know the fare for AC 1st class train from Bhubaneswar to Mysore. Train no. 08003
Posted by Prabhati Sen 2 year, 35 days ago
I am wanting to make a reservation on a train from jaipur to jodhpur, first...
I am wanting to make a reservation on a train from Jaipur to Jodhpur, first class ticket but do not seem to find it on your website, could you please direct me as to where I can find that so I can do my booking? Many thanks, Denise
Posted by Denise Diem 2 year, 41 days ago
Pl. advice fares from rewari to jalandhar cant third class ac
pl. advice fares from rewari to jalandhar cant third class ac
Posted by sonia 2 year, 42 days ago
Please advice fares for ac 1st class train from mumbai to rajkot.
Please advice fares for AC 1ST CLASS TRAIN from Mumbai to Rajkot.
Posted by Mukesh 2 year, 3 months ago
Tatkal booking ticket 11 a.c 2 tickets booking date 12.08.2011. madurai to...
tatkal booking ticket 11 A.C 2 tickets booking date 12.08.2011. madurai to bangalore..side lower site appar
Posted by sureshkannan k 2 year, 10 months ago
Can tatkal booking be done on mustseeindia ?
Can Tatkal booking be done on mustseeindia ?
Posted by vskrishna6 3 year, 3 months ago
No Sir, Tatkal booking is possible only through IRCTC website. no other travel portal have the right to book train tickets.
Posted by afiatajdar 3 year, 3 months ago