Pratap Singh Museum, erstwhile summer palace of Kashmir Kings, is a historically important museum in Srinagar established in 1898. Located in Lal Mandi, on the left bank of the river Jhelum, the museum has valuable ancient terracotta heads of the 3rd century found at the Buddhist site at Ushkur and molded terracotta plaques of 4th & 5th century from Harwan.
An ancient brass model of Lokeshvara, copper image of Lord Buddha in 5th century Gandhara-style and the green stone structures of Lord Vishnu sitting on Garuda are added attractions here.
Other items on display include shawls, arms & armory, paintings, ancient coins and Ladakhi handicrafts. Accessible by taxis, auto rickshaws and buses, it is praise worthy museum to visit. Tourists need to present their passport before entering this museum.