A haven for Australian animals, the Healesville Sanctuary is an important place to visit in Melbourne. Some of the most important attractions in the park are the various centres where tourists can have a close look of the various animals.
The Sanctuary is committed to fighting against wildlife extinction and here visitors can have the opportunity to interact with the unique Australian animals in a stunning bush land setting.
Lunar’s Secret Forest
- Australian Wildlife Health Centre - Involved in treating more than 2,000 sick and injured animals every year, the Australian Wildlife Heath Centre is an important training center for wildlife veterinarians. Tourists can visit his centre and interact with the staff and doctors of the center and can even observe the surgery and get involved in various activities like heart rate monitoring etc. In depth information on animals is provided to the tourists through various multimedia screens.
- Spirits of the Sky - This center is all about birds and aerial animals. Held at Healsville flight arena, this show showcases various acts and entertains the onlookers. Spirits of the Sky takes place daily at 12:00pm and 2:30pm.
- Reptile Show - The reptile showing Healsville Sanctuary is held at 1:15 pm everyday and trained experts introduce the tourists to the world of reptiles.
– A magical multi-media experience designed especially for kids, in which they explore the world of the endangered Leadbeater’s Possum, World of Platypus
– Discovering the secrets of caring and breeding of the platypus, Dingo Country
– Giving the tourists a chance to go close to the Australia’s iconic dingoes and learn about their complex history and Land of Parrots
– see and touch some of the most loved parrots and enjoy a spectacular walkthrough in the aviary, are some of the other popular attractions at the Healsville Sanctuary.